Friday, August 14, 2009

What makes a Mom smile











I have always heard it is the simple things in life that make a Mom smile. I have learned that this is true. This morning I woke up to noise in my kitchen. I knew it was Hannah so I called for her. She came back and I asked her what she was doing. Her response was, I am cutting bananas & strawberries for our breakfast. I then asked what knife are you using??? She replied, the red bumpy one. That is her kid knife from Pampered Chef, Praise the Lord (my thought). I always check E-mail in the morning so I was in the middle of doing this when Hannah came back and asked me to get back in bed. I did to have her bring me a plate of bananas & strawberries for breakfast! The pictures made me smile this afternoon. Emily is sound asleep, Rachel & Julia sitting together watching Strawberry Shortcake, Hannah & Elizabeth asleep on the floor! The simple things in life: my children. So sweet, and innocent. I am responsible for how they turn out, I am the one who will answer to God for these sweet little darlings. I love my girls each and every one of them. I never knew how I would love more than one, but now I realize that God grows your heart each time another child is born. Some people may think we are crazy having a big family, but I know that God placed each one in our family for a special purpose. I love my girls! God has blessed Robbie & I 5 times, and I am eager to see how each one will chose to serve God!
Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

you have an award on my blog...
come and get it...:)